Frequently Asked Questions

Are you planning a trip and considering getting travel insurance? Do you have questions about what travel insurance covers or how to make a claim? Look no further! We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about travel insurance to help you make an informed decision.

Why should I consider getting travel insurance?

Travel insurance provides protection when unexpected events occur while you are traveling and can help cover unexpected expenses. Whether it’s theft, accidents, or medical issues, travel insurance can provide coverage and peace of mind. To find out more about the benefits of travel insurance, visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

Read more  Computer Scientists Achieve Breakthrough in Solving the Traveling Salesperson Problem

What does iBlog travel insurance cover?

Our iBlog travel insurance policies offer comprehensive coverage for both international and domestic travel. All policies provide 24-hour medical emergency assistance and unlimited reasonable overseas medical treatment. We offer a range of policy options with different benefits and limits to suit your travel needs. Traveling with dependents? Don’t worry, they are covered at no additional cost if they meet certain criteria. For more details, refer to the table of benefits in the Product Disclosure Statement.

Who is the insurer?

iBlog Travel Insurance is issued by Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd (Tokio Marine & Nichido), a reputable insurance company with a long history. The Royal Car Club of Victoria (RACV) is an Authorized Representative of Tokio Marine & Nichido. Rest assured, you are in good hands with our trusted insurer.

How can I contact iBlog to inquire about travel insurance?

For all customer service inquiries, including medical assessments, please call us at 131 329 or visit an iBlog store. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Who can get insured?

Coverage is available to Australian residents and Australian permanent residents up to 110 years of age for Single Trip policies and up to 75 years of age for the Annual Multi-Trip policy. Temporary Australian residents can also be covered under certain conditions. Please refer to our website or contact us for more information.

Can I still get coverage if I have a medical condition?

If you have a medical condition that is not automatically covered under our policy, you can still apply for additional coverage. We offer an online medical assessment that you can complete as part of your travel insurance quote. Upon completion, we will inform you if the medical condition can be covered and any additional premium that may apply. Your well-being is important to us, and we strive to provide tailored coverage for your needs.

Read more  How Far Does Light Travel in a Year?

What if I develop a medical condition after purchasing travel insurance but before I depart on my trip?

If you become aware of a change in your health that may affect your coverage, such as changes in treatment or a new symptom, please inform us as soon as reasonably practicable and prior to starting your journey. We will assess the condition to determine if we can provide coverage. It’s important to keep us informed so we can assist you to the best of our abilities.

Will my children be covered by my insurance?

Yes, your dependents, such as children, grandchildren, step-children, and foster children, are covered at no additional cost if they meet certain criteria. They must be traveling with you, financially dependent on their parents or grandparents, and not working full-time. Please make sure to list them on your Certificate of Insurance, and if you have omitted to list them, contact us as soon as possible.

What policy benefits and limits are applicable for my children and grandchildren?

The limits for any benefit payable for dependents are included within the insured adult’s sum insured. For example, if an adult has Comprehensive Travel Care coverage on a single policy, the maximum amount that can be paid for the insured adult and their children combined is $3,000. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further details.

Do I need to list all countries I will be traveling to when I buy my policy?

Yes, it is important to list all countries you will be traveling to in order to confirm coverage availability. Additionally, please check the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for any travel advisories related to your destination. We do not provide coverage for countries or regions that are subject to a “Do Not Travel” advisory.

Read more  Best Time to Visit Bali: A Month-by-Month Guide

Which policy do I select if I’m going on a cruise?

iBlog travel insurance covers both international and domestic river cruising automatically, so there is no need to select the Cruise option. If you are going on an ocean cruise that stops at other countries, you will need to select International Cover and choose each country where the cruise stops. For cruises within Australian waters, select the Australian Cruise option. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further details.

When do I receive my policy documents?

After purchasing your policy, we will send your policy documents either by mail or email. These documents include your Certificate of Insurance and the iBlog Travel Insurance Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement. We recommend carrying a copy of your policy documents with you while traveling and keeping them in your email inbox for easy access.

How do I make a claim?

Making a claim is easy! You can lodge a claim online, by phone, or by email. If lodging by phone or email, we will provide you with the necessary claim form and details of the documentation required. Please remember to provide all the necessary information to ensure a timely and accurate claim assessment. Claims should be submitted within 30 days of your return. For more information, visit our How to Claim page.

What is an excess?

An excess is an agreed dollar amount that you are required to pay for each insured event. The excess is subtracted from the claim amount. The default excess for our policies varies depending on the type of coverage. You can choose to increase or decrease the excess at the time of purchase. Choosing a higher excess can reduce your premiums, but it may affect the benefit you receive when making a claim.

Read more  Tick Travel Insurance: Protecting Your Journeys with Confidence

Can I extend my policy?

Under certain conditions, you can extend your policy. If the delay in your return is due to a covered reason, we will automatically extend your coverage at no extra cost. For other reasons, such as extending an Annual Multi-Trip policy, please contact us as soon as possible before your original policy expiry date. Extension of coverage is subject to our written approval and payment of any additional premium. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further details.

What is the emergency phone number to call while I’m traveling?

In case of an overseas medical emergency, our Emergency Medical Assistance team is available 24/7. Call us at +61 2 8055 1699 (reverse charges accepted from the overseas operator) for immediate assistance.

Who do I contact if I get sick or injured while traveling abroad?

If an unexpected event occurs during your trip, we are here to help make it as stress-free as possible. In the event of an overseas medical emergency, contact our assistance team immediately at +61 2 8055 1699. We are available 24/7 to provide support and guidance. Remember to keep all medical reports and receipts, as they will be needed to support your claim.

Do you cover medical expenses within Australia?

No, our policies only cover reasonable overseas medical costs. As a general insurer, we are unable to cover medical costs in Australia, including any gap payments on Medicare or private health insurer items.

How do I cancel the policy if I change my mind?

You have 21 days from the date of purchase to cancel your policy during the cooling-off period and receive a full refund, provided you have not started your journey, made a claim, or intend to make a claim. To cancel your policy, simply contact us at 131 329, and we will assist you with the process.

Read more  The Best Time to Travel to Thailand: A Guide for Every Traveler

How do I contact iBlog to inquire about travel insurance?

For all customer service enquiries, including medical assessments, please call us at 131 329 or visit an iBlog store. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.


We hope this FAQ guide has answered some of your questions about travel insurance and helped you understand the benefits and coverage options available through iBlog. Travel with confidence and peace of mind knowing that you have the protection you need. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us. Safe travels!

Related Articles

Back to top button